The Meadows Standardbred Owners Association announces changes to its annual MSOA Horse Award program.
The changes are being made to create a more streamlined account of the horses that are eligible for the top spot in each of the 12 categories.
The new criteria are:
- Each owner of the horse must be a member of the MSOA
- Two year olds must have 5 starts at The Meadows this calendar year
- Three year olds must have 8 starts at The Meadows this calendar year
- Older horses must have made at least half of their starts at The Meadows this calendar year
- Only money earned at The Meadows will be calculated
- The horse must have won at least one race this calendar year
- All calculations will include starts up to and including November 30
- The top Meadows money earner in each of the categories will automatically be awarded the top spot in their category
- The new ballot will show each of the 12 division winners based on the above criteria. The MSOA membership will be sent a ballot to vote for Trotter of the Year, Pacer of the Year and Horse of the Year from the 12 division winners.
- Ballots will be mailed by mid-December and need to be received by the MSOA by Friday January 5.
- The 2018 Night of Champions will take place on Friday, January 19, 2018.
TRAINERS: Please make sure that all of your owners are members of the MSOA so that their horse(s) will not be disqualified on the basis of membership.