Meadows Standardbred Association Executive Director
The Meadows Standardbred Owners Association, Inc., is a non-profit membership organization that represents the owners, trainers, drivers and grooms that race at The Meadow’s standardbred race track. The Executive Director reports to the association’s nine-member Board of Directors and is responsible for the organization’s consistent pursuit of its mission and the daily day to day administration and operation of the association.
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission towards which it makes a consistent and timely progress.
- Provides leadership in developing programs, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors.
- Maintain officer records and documents and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the harness racing industry.
- Oversee the associations self-funded health insurance plan, pension benefits and political P.A.C.
- Meet monthly with the Board of Directors and see that they are kept fully informed on the conditions of the association and the all-important factors influencing it.
- Establish strong working relationships and cooperative arrangements with industry groups and organizations.
- Represent the association before State agencies and industry organizations including lobby on behalf of the association before the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
- Recruit, train, supervise staff in day-to-day operations.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Racetrack operator and coordinate mutually beneficial events and programs.
- Assist committee chairs with planning, researching and implementing committee programs.
- Actively assist the marketing director in efforts to promote our sport and increase our handle.
- Be the spokesperson for the membership when any issues or concerns occur and to help the needs of the membership.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to take the initiative
- Creative problem-solving
- Hard working and flexible
- Good communication skills
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 10 Years or more in the standardbred / horse racing industry
- 10 Years of management or supervisory experience preferred
- 10 Years of financial management experience in an operational environment preferred
Salary and benefits competitive fore the position and will commensurate with one’s experience
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume and a minimum of two references to: Search Committee, M.S.O.A.; PO Box 253, Meadow Lands, PA 15347 or email to Msoa@themsoa.com
Applications will be accepted until December 15, 2023