The Meadows Standardbred Owners Association is pleased to announce its 2022 Collegiate Scholarship winners. The program, made possible through the generous donations of several sponsors, has awarded a record $31,000 in scholarships to the sons and daughters of MSOA members.
Here are the scholarship winners for this year:
Gabriella Crugnale has been awarded the $5,000 MSOA Board of Directors Scholarship. She is the daughter of Margaret Svitko.
Receiving $2,500 scholarships are:
- Shannon Faust, the daughter of David and Linda Teed
- Brandon Myers, the son of Charlie and Renae Myers
- Elizabeth Snyder, the daughter of Doug and Jan Snyder
- Brett Sugg, son of John and Lisa Sugg
- Lexi Twaddle, daughter of Tim and Sophia Twaddle
- Meadow Twaddle, daughter of Tim and Sophia Twaddle
- Lauren Wilder, daughter of Mike and Heather Wilder
- Alexis Zendt, daughter of Brian and Dawn Zendt
Also awarded MSOA Scholarships are:
- Savannah Barnard, daughter of Robert Barnard and Tina Marie Gelly
- Nathan Bush, son of Steve and Kim Bush
- Kylie Cass-Housley, daughter of Gregg Housley and Jonelle Sullivan
- Michael DeMiere, son of Jeff and Lisa DeMiere
- Brooke Sugg, daughter of John and Lisa Sugg
- Mackenzie Wenmoth, daughter of Mitch and Erin York
- Mikayla Wenmouth, daughter of Mitch and Erin York
“We would like to thank all of our partners in this scholarship program,” said MSOA President Rich Gillock. Hanover Shoes Farms, Burke Racing Stable, CSC Insurance Options, Winbak Farm, and Hollywood Casino at The Meadows have all stepped up and donated to the program, making this our best offering to date. The family of the late Bob Key also deserves recognition, funding a scholarship for the next 5 years, valued at $10,000 per year, in his name.”
All award winners will receive their scholarships in a ceremony in the winner’s circle at The Meadows on Adios Day, Saturday, July 30.