Tony Hall romped in Friday’s (May 29) Driver Charity Challenge at The Meadows, winning three of the five designated races and earning $3,000 for his charity partner, Western PA Wounded Warriors.
The event, sponsored by the Pennsylvania Horse Racing Association (PHRA) and the Meadows Standardbred Owners Association (MSOA), paired 10 drivers with as many local charities. Hall rolled up 106 points, easily outdistancing Dave Palone, who scored 60 points for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Great Pittsburgh, and Brady Brown, who tallied 55 points for Washington County Humane Society.
Each participating organization received at least $500. Other charities and their driving partners included:
- Bridge to Home Animal Rescue – Jim Pantaleano
- Harness Horse Youth Foundation – Brian Zendt
- Pacing for the Cure – Dan Rawlings
- Washington County Special Olympics – Chris Shaw
- Arc Human Services of Washington County – Shawn Johnston
- Washington County Animal Response Team (WaCART) – Ronnie Wrenn, Jr.
- Harness Racing Museum – Wilbur Yoder