The MSOA has released the criteria for this year’s horse awards. They are as follows:
· ALL owners of eligible horses MUST be a member by October 31st of the MSOA or the horse will be disqualified.
· Two-year olds must have 5 starts at The Meadows.
· Three-year olds must have 8 starts at The Meadows.
· Older horses will be required to have ½ of their starts at The Meadows.
· Only money earned at The Meadows will be calculated.
· The horse must have won at least one race.
· The calculations will include starts through October 31st.
· The top earning horse in each of the categories will automaticallybe awarded the top spot in their category.
· The members’ ballot will show each of the 12 division winners based on the above criteria. The MSOA membership will be sent a ballot to vote for: Trotter of the Year, Pacer of the Year and Horse of the year from the 12 division winners.
· Ballots need to be returned to the MSOA by Monday, December 16, 2019.
· The Day of Champions awards for horses of 2019 will take place Saturday, December 28, 2019.