Dear MSOA members,
The MSOA has been working with The Meadows management, PA State Horse Racing Commission,  PA Department of Health and our MSOA lobbyists to resume racing as quickly as possible at the Meadows. The COVID-19 protocols for the Racetracks and the Racing Commission were submitted to the PA Department of Health on Monday. All parties are anxiously awaiting approval of those protocols and procedures. But, until that happens, no racing can be held. MSOA continues to encourage the Commission and track management to be up and running as soon as possible after approval from the Department of Health. With that in mind, all horsemen need to realize that strict COVID-19 protocols will be in place and it is incumbent of horsemen to adhere to these protocols to prevent a possible shutdown by the Department of Health.
Today, the MSOA Board met to discuss plans for when racing does return.

MSOA actions taken today:
These actions all have a15 racing day sunset meaning the MSOA will revisit each item for possible adjustments after 15 racing days.

-The $200 stipend currently paid to non earning horses in 10 horse fields has been increased to $250 for all horses in every race that do not earn a purse check.
– The $20 Trainer/Driver stipend has been increased to $40.
– To adjust for the loss of income during the shutdown, purses will be reduced by 10%.
– The weekly number of acceptable 10 horse fields has been increased from 8 to 16.

Again, these changes are for 15 racing dates and will be reevaluated at that time.
MSOA will continue to work towards the earliest start back date possible.

Kim Hankins
Executive Director
Meadows Standardbred Owners Association